General Acute and Chronic Injuries
Acute injuries generally need a good diagnosis, containment of symptoms such as pain and swelling and a plan to work within the framework of the body’s healing mechanism’s to get better as quick as possible.
A long standing or chronic injury requires more reasoning as to why you are not getting better and how you can best recover your function.
I love problem solving and I love passing on to my clients what I have learnt in my endeavours to stay active and healthy, and the smart way to recover from injury, or better still, stay injury free.
Every decade presents with new challenges and hence subtle changes as to how we achieve this.
I have special interests in shoulder pain, running and cycling injuries for any age but love to help anyone who needs injury advice in order to continue their chosen activity.
My initial consultation:
- Includes an detailed history where we identify the contributing factors that have overloaded your injured area and an assessment of your current strengths and weaknesses that may be contributing to your current problem.
- Treatments will include a lot of education and a plan to manage your injury and return to your activity
- Individual specific exercise prescription
- It may also include appropriate manual therapy massage, modalities and taping in order to gain initial control of your symptoms
- Sometimes a referral through your GP for appropriate investigation or pain relief
|1||Initial consultation (one injury) 1 hour*||$95|
|2||Standard consultation 45min*||$80|
Follow up –Standard consultations for one injury:
- Will include progression of exercise prescription and appropriate hands on assistance and advice.
2 or more injuries, complex consultation or other services :
Prices upon request
*HICAPS and EFTPOS facility available and Medicare (EPC referrals) accepted.
*Website consultation prices quoted apply to Wollongong office only.
Knowledgeable and very reassuring. Had many appt’s to treat my shoulder. Felt a bit better every time I left. Thank you so much for your help Phil.
I have no hesitation in recommending Phil Parle. As a runner I am occasionally injured and Phil is the first person I call for advice and/or treatment. Having an extensive running and cycling background puts Phil in great stead to be able to put me back on the road to recovery. His ability to successfully diagnose injuries and get me back on my feet quickly is second to none.
Phil takes the time to listen and consider all possible influences on your injury. He searches for the root cause of your injury to help get you back on track.