Running injuries are almost always associated with a change in routine and relative change in running related activity. It’s influenced by the experience of the runner, their past history, their general health and their mechanics.
- Discussing a detailed history about your health, and training – searching for the errors that may have resulted in overload of your injured area
- Musculoskeletal assessment of your current strength, flexibility and stability function
- Exercise prescription to address your muscle imbalance and running technique
- Massage manual therapy and dry needling as appropriate to assist your initial recovery
*Normal Initial and standard consultations costs apply
|1||Initial consultation (one injury) 1 hour*||$95|
|2||Standard consultation 45min*||$80|
- Video analysis –Usually at the athletics track or at a park
- V-move sensor technology –This involves wearing sensors via an APP on your shins that pick up real-time data about your landing patterns and impact forces and most important how symmetrical you run when out on a normal run
- I piece this information together to help you formulate a plan to stay injury free or improve your resilience and efficiency on the road
Costs: on application
*HICAPS and EFTPOS facility available and Medicare (EPC referrals) accepted.
*Website consultation prices quoted apply to Wollongong office only.
Knowledgeable and very reassuring. Had many appt’s to treat my shoulder. Felt a bit better every time I left. Thank you so much for your help Phil.
I have no hesitation in recommending Phil Parle. As a runner I am occasionally injured and Phil is the first person I call for advice and/or treatment. Having an extensive running and cycling background puts Phil in great stead to be able to put me back on the road to recovery. His ability to successfully diagnose injuries and get me back on my feet quickly is second to none.
Phil takes the time to listen and consider all possible influences on your injury. He searches for the root cause of your injury to help get you back on track.